My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blogging...blogging...

Blogging...blogging... I love the concept; but the regularity still eludes me. Lots has been happening here, so I thought I'd try to give a quick update.

In the studio...
  • We've been focusing on private parties and group events, and we're having a ball with it. Please consider Art for All Y'All for your next private event in Moore County, North Carolina. We'll work with your specific needs and we'll help you to create memories that you'll always treasure.

In my own artwork...
  • I've had a piece in the mixed media show at the Visual Art Exchange in Raleigh, NC. They selected my piece to use in the email promotion of the show, and I couldn't have been happier. I've even received a request from an arts organization in Raleigh for the possibility of a show in 2007 - 2008. I'll be entering another piece later this week for their text and numbers show. Wish me luck!
  • My website was featured in a daily email dose of Artella. Yeah!
  • I took an encaustics class from Lorna Wang with freinds Amy Smith and Jeanne Rheaa last week. WOW! is what I have to say. We had a great time, and the class was incredible. I'd highly recomend it if you have the chance. Watch for encaustics to begin showing up in my work soon.
  • My eBay store is fully stocked, please visit soon.

Shows...
  • In two weeks the First Annual Art in the Pines Show will be held in Pinehurst, North Carolina. I've been coordinating it with fellow artists in the area, and we're hoping for a big turnout. If you're in the area, plan to start your holiday shopping early with us. Further details and directions are available on my website. Please see the link to the left.

Personal...

  • My business partner and dear friend Amy just received the deadline for her trip to Ethiopia to bring her beautiful new daughter home to her new family. Woo Hoo!

Well, I'll keep this quick. Thanks for stopping. Yinz'All come back now, said the Pittsburgh Girl from Rural North Carolina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home