My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Creating...Classes...Chaos...Continued

The chaos, and the fun, in my life continues!

I'm working toward my participation in the Ocrafolk Festival on June 2nd. Ocracoke is a magical place that means the world to me, and my acceptance into this particular show is a complete thrill. I'm in the process of creating a variety of Ocracoke and beach-themed pieces for my collection, and I'll also be donating a piece to the show's art auction. I'll be sure to post a photo here before shipping it next week.

On the home front, a teaching studio in downtown Southern Pines, North Carolina is in the works with my friend and fellow mixed media artist, Amy Sm
ith. We went from a casual discussion about teaching to a brick and mortar studio and a full schedule of summer classes in less than a month, and now we're scrambling to make our dreams a reality. Oh what a wild and wonderful ride!

Our studio will be called, "Art for All Y'All. A class schedule and registration information is available on my website, which is accessible via the link at the left-side of this page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home