My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Word-of-the-Day is, "Yes".


I just finished making and listing my Art-Card-of-the-Day, and the Word-of-the-Day is, "Yes". I'm having a ball with this challenge. Each card begins with a randomly selected vintage flash card. I don't know what the word of the day will be until I select it.

Then I wait for my inspiration. Sometimes the word itself is the main subject of my piece. At other times the word may play a supporting role. In either case, it leads me through a series of seemingly random thoughts that end up being relevant to my own place in life. It's my hope that these miniature works will touch others as well.

Card #1 sold on eBay last night, Woo Hoo! Yes, I'm a working artist; but I hope that I'll never get used to the thrill of selling a piece. I love the thought that something I've created holds a special place in someone else's heart.

It's President's Day, and my son is home from school. We'll be spending the day doing who knows what; but I can be sure that it will be an adventure.

Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home