My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Find Love"

Sissie is a sweet-hearted, long-haired, mottled-grey cat who's been a part of our family, with her brother Cody, for five years. About two years ago, she was diagnosed with feline leukemia. This disease is basically a death sentence for a cat, and most often they're euthanized at the time of diagnosis.

In Sissie's case, she was already a part of our family. She was much loved, and while she had been showing some symptoms of the disease, overall her spirits were good. We brought her home. Made special arrangements for her care, and to protect the other cats in our home; and we've immensely and enjoyed her company ever since.

Two days ago, I noticed that she'd developed a bit of a sniffle. This morning, she's completely lethargic. She was always a petite cat; but it feels as if she's lost half of her body mass overnight. Sad doesn't begin to describe the way I'm feeling today.

My art card for the day is "Find Love". Through the years, we've received a tremendous amount of love from Sissie. I hope that she found the same true of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home