My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

I just returned from a whirlwind weekend in Pennsylvania. We drove up on Friday night, and returned Sunday morning. The drive up took about ten hours, and the drive back about thirteen. The time that we spent there was priceless!

This amount of free time allowed me to listen to creative podcasts on my new Ipod, create sixteen pairs of earrings, and collaborate on a fabulous jangly bracelet and two pairs of dazzling dangle earrings for my niece. I also had hours of uninterrupted thinking time. (A luxury that's rare in my world today!)

I'm no further ahead than I was on Friday, and I haven't figured out the answers to life's great challenges; but somehow I feel richer for the experience, and I'm more prepared to face the world today.

Today is Monday, September 11th. It's the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks that rocked our world. Please take time to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice and those who continue to sacrifice to protect us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home