My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dream




What a day! The sun was shining; we had a true Carolina Blue Sky; there were white puffy what-do-you-see-in-them-now clouds everywhere; the temperature was cool but not cold; and the wind was gusting like crazy. It was a perfect fall day for my trip to Raleigh.

I went to the Visual Art Exchange (VAE) in the City Market. I was there to pick up my entry from last month's mixed media show, All Mixed Up, and I also dropped off my entry to this month's show, Text and Numbers. A photo of my entry,"Dream", as a work in process appears here. It's a juried show, so please keep your fingers crossed.

It was the kind of day that tempted me to drive forever; but somehow tonight I'm just happy to be home. Warm and safe in my house with my dog at my feet, I can't imagine being anywhere else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

Love it! I can see a lot of the pieces. Vince liked it, too and he just brought me some more stuff to give to you! I'll have to go and see it in person. This piece once again shows that you can use almost anything. I love the clock spring---how it curves across the center. I did not think you would be able to use the potentiometers (sp?)---the things on the top.

Yesterday we went to Smithfield and saw the clouds. About every five minutes, I made a comment about them. Really spectacular!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home