My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's Showtime!

It's another gorgeous fall day her in Carolina! And while the call of the hammock has been quite tempting...I've made the responsible decision to slave away at preparations for my next show on November 10th and 11th.

This work leaves me wondering about the age old artist question, "How do I balance producing what I love with producing what I'm sure (with a reasonable degree of certainty) will sell? Today, I chose the latter. It's not that I don't like what I'm making. It's just not something that makes my heart sing.

When I made the piece shown in yesterday's entry, my heart sang an aria and danced a jig while I climbing the highest mountain and felt the sun on my face. OK...OK! Enough with the cliches. Can you tell that I really...Really REALLY liked the process of creating it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home