My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Monday, November 06, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

I've just returned from a lovely weekend in Pennsylvania. I'm sure that it was the calm before the storm of holiday preparations, shows, classes, and parties; but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I arrived to the welcoming vision of my niece in the window waiting for me on Thursday. Friday was Mother-Daughter day. And Friday night at my sister's house was filled with family and an awesome dinner that consisted of pierogies, stuffed cabbage, and kielbassi. (Yummy and oh-so-filling!)

On Saturday morning, we were off to Pittsburgh to be with family and friends. The night stretched out until after 11:00, and it was one of the best that I've had in ages. The stories and laughter flowed freely as we shared many years worth of stories and memories.

My husband marvels at the fact that we all speak at the same time, and yet we never miss a beat in our conversations. It's a talent that's part genetic and part practice. It's a sound and a feeling that I miss in my life. Now that I'm back in North Carolina it makes me smile just to think about it.

Life would be so much easier with a pair of ruby slippers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home