My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Beaver Lake

This is a non-art post; but I just couldn't resist. I live in the "Sandhills" region of North Carolina. It's an area that's relatively dry, and the drainage is great. My yard is usually a little over an acre of dry grassy sand.....until recently!

Beavers have been persistently building and rebuilding a damn on a neighboring piece of property for the last month. Thus, I introduce Beaver Lake. The yellow house belongs to a neighbor, and it's also a typically dry piece of property.

I always wanted to live on the water; but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

Oh, Jean---that is some photo! I had seen this on the news, but did not even think about your being affected. Hope you are finally high and dry!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home