My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

So Thankful


It seems like such a cliche; but I just can't resist taking a few moments to reflect on all of the things that fill my heart with gratitude today. This list is topped by my loving husband who played a song for me last night, just because it made him think of us, and then danced to it with my son and me in the kitchen. I'm also thankful for my absolutely incredible nine-year-old son who, right before our eyes, is already turning into the kind of man who exudes warmth and makes us proud.

My gratitude continues with thanks for my Mother and Father, because they taught me the meaning of unconditional love and support. My Sister, different as we are we grow closer every year. My Brother-in-Law who is more like the brother that I never imagined he would be. My Niece and Nephew who make me feel loved everyday and missed when we're not together.

For the rest of my family in Pennsylvania and elsewhere...thoughts of them make me smile; remind me of "the-good-old-days"; and make me wish that we were together. My new family here in North Carolina... for the love that they've shown me and the man whose love they so graciously share with me. For Wally who's home from Iraq, and Lisa who is so grateful for it. For all of the men and women who sacrifice to improve the quality of life for others...your selflessness does not go unnoticed.

Old friends...those who are older than me and those who've I've been fortunate to know since the beginning of time, or kindergarten at least! New friends...Carolina friends, art friends, online friends, and others...I hope that we'll be granted the privlege of becoming old friends together.

Coco, Cody and Gracie. Grace. A benevolent God. Coconut Cake. My outdoor friends. Orion. Movies on Thanksgiving. Too much to eat. Too much to do. A full heart and so much love.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

What a nice Thanksgiving tribute. I'm thankful that I know you and Alan. What a great kid--ooops---young man!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home