My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A New Year...A New Beginning!


As usual, life is overwhelming me. I'm not complaining. I feel blessed to have so much to do and so many people to love in my life.


On the home front, we had a lovely time in Pennsylvania during the holidays. Fun times included the Carneige Science Center, Roller skating, and time with family and friends. The train display at the science center defies description, and it's been a tradition in our family since I was a kid.


This year I got a special treat when one of the train conductors admired a necklace that I made for my sister. She liked it enough to request my contact information, and she took me into "the back room" so that I could find it for her. The behind-the-scene's view was amazing. It was like being in Santa's workshop, and I enjoyed every minute of it.


In business, big things are changing. I became the new owner of Artist Alley on the first of the year. It's a wonderful little gallery in downtown Southern Pines, North Carolina. Lots of good things are planned for it, and I'll provide more details here soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home