My Photo
Name:
Location: Vass, North Carolina, United States

My name is Jean Skipper, and I'm a working artist who's living my dream in North Carolina. The weather is beautiful; the people are warm and wonderful; and I'm exactly where I want to be in this world.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Time to Create


In the calm after the rush of our opening week at Artist Alley, I realized that it had been over a month since I'd been creative. Oh sure, I do think creatively in my daily life; but I'm talking about REALLY creating.


I remedied that yesterday and today by painting my heart out. I was really trying to just have fun without worrying about the outcome. In the end, I was fairly pleased with the results. I used only the three primary colors, and I set out with no goal in mind. One of my pieces is shown here. The sides of the canvas read, "Reach...Shine...Grow...Bloom.


Now there's paint under my fingernails, and I can't seem to wash it off.
I couldn't be happier!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelli Nina Perkins said...

Hi Jean--I've tagged you to tell 7 things about yourself! Kelli
http://ephemeralalchemy.blogspot.com/2007/05/7-things-about-me.html

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home